Re: Getting emacs23 to use Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-8 font

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Getting emacs23 to use Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-8 font
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:45:13 +1000

adamsonj@email.unc.edu (Joel J. Adamson) writes:

> Dan Espen <daneNO@MORE.mk.SPAMtelcordia.com> writes:
>
>> "Doctor Who" <whodoctor@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Thanks.  A couple of questions:
>>>
>>> 1)  If I use the example .Xdefaults like you listed above, are the
>>> pipe symbols (|} included at the beginning of several lines to be
>>> included as well?
>>
>> Those are exclamation marks.
>
> He might have been referring to the marks at the very beginning, which
> are the selection indicators of boxquote.el.
>
>> I think you might have more success using the menu bar dialogs.
>
> Emacs does for background color, foreground color, font and a few other
> attributes.  Emacs is not a "GTK app" in the same sense as Epiphany or
> Evince.
>
> Joel

Your very correct that its not a full GTK app. However, recent versions
do now allow you to set the default font using the GTK font selection
widgets from the options menu. Once you have done this, saving your
options will result in the font specification being saved into your .emacs file

Tim
--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au