Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:58:34 +0200

"Juanma Barranquero" <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:

> In which way the use of terms like "keybinding" or "buffer" is
> relevant to the *users* of a software application?

In the same way that the manual page (info "(Emacs)Buffers") is relevant
to the users.  This is why I mentioned this page in my reply, I thought
it would be useful for the OP to know more about buffers.

> But I think it would be hard to argue that, in its use as a *text
> editor*, common users have a majority of buffers which are not
> associated to (and saved into) a file at one point or another...

Or maybe we can take this from another perspective?

How many users are complaining about the fact that it's not easy to open
and close a file with Emacs?  As long as this is not a *major* problem,
let's not consider whether it's good or not to change Emacs terminology.

No?

--
Bastien