Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:28:44 +0200

"Juanma Barranquero" <lekktu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 03:38, Juanma <juanma_bellon@yahoo.es> wrote:
>
>> On the other hand, selection with shift+arrows seems to me like the crappy
>> stuff I used to do before entering the glory of Emacs. I would go to admit
>> it's a small plus to be able to *also* do it like that, but I think setting
>> the mark, as an anchor, and extend as you move with any other movement
>> command (and that includes, e.g., i-search), is vastly superior.
>
> We'll have to agree to disagree. I have almost no use for invisible
> regions that extend with movement commands.

Except for the default on the visible part, there's actually little
difference between the two methods.  i-search seems to work in cua-mode,
as well.  The only difference is, really, that you either hold shift all
the way through, or hit a key once.  I feel the second method is more
comfortable for a touch-typist, but I don't think CUA users are missing
anything here.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher