Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:49:40 +0200

Tim X wrote:
I think the real source of issues regarding terminology is actually more
a reflection of laziness.

It might be true in some cases, but please be careful when using such
statements. The laziness may equally well be in your side in that you do
not try to understand all details well enough when it comes to why some
things matter.

and you tell me to be careful about statements!

Sorry, but I am not perfect at that. Some things are a bit difficult to express.

You know nothing of me

Yes, I no know more than what I have been reading from you here.

For the record, my comment on laziness is based on the observation that
1. The majority of people who I've assisted, either directly or via
forums like this newsgroup have, when asked, admitted they have not read
the manual or run the tutorial because they couldn't be bothered or
don't like reading manuals. That to me is essentially laziness - they
would rather send a question to this group than bother doing the work to
find out for themselves.

It is my experience too, but my conclusion is different.

In some cases I have found it to be laziness, but in other cases it is more of constructive critic - expressed in a way that some people might find a bit extreme.