Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:06:39 +0200

"Juanma Barranquero" <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:

> Perhaps these are people who have limited time to spend and (their
> fault, ours, or both) do not see the benefits of switching to Emacs,
> while the difficulties are painfully evident.

Again, Emacsers have a responsability in the fact that they maintain an
image of Emacs as something that is _really_ so special that it requires
special gifts to master it -- "oh! wait! _nobody_ can master it!"

Before lowering the learning curve, maybe we should first lower our
pride in using Emacs.  Then the newcomers would be less impressed and
would jump more easily.

--
Bastien