Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus

From: Xah
Subject: Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 11:32:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 7, 10:14 am, qing...@163.com (M.T) wrote:
> Xah <xah...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> I think html is too complex for email.We do need some tags language which
> enable us to give our mail a nice look.But html is a bad design.Because it
> mix the perfomance and the meaning,I think XHTML+css is a better choice,
> but we need a simplifed version of it.Something like MUSE or LATEX,if our
> clients perform defferent with the same codes,even the worst situation,
> we know
> #title somethin
> is title
> or
> \title{something}
> is title

I agree with you that HTML is complex.

Some technology just move on its own by social forces. Some say perl
is complex and ugly, or that php is more worse but seems better. But
if you work as sys admin or web coding, these are the tech you are
stuck with.

For rich text in email, there are conceivably many better designed
techs. For better or worse, HTML or its derivative, is the de facto
standard.

(note here that many standards used today came from unix in the 1980.
Such as truncating email lines, the semantic confusive email quoting
convention “>”, the ascii transmission in email protocol, the so-
called “mbox” email format, etc.)

> with no limit of network,i think more powerful ways to express ourself is
> worthy of try.
>
> i am sorry my english is very poor ...

No problem at all!

  Xah