Re: Error when switching modes on v 22.1.1

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Error when switching modes on v 22.1.1
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 12:13:23 +0200

Am 08.08.2008 um 11:28 schrieb paul.mead:

I think compiling emacs within emacs is beyond my
(current) level of competence

Open in dired the directory with the Emacs sources.
Type M-x compile RET.
Change the default command (probably make -k) to "./configure <your choices>" RET. (you might like to save the *compilation* buffer from the configure step)
Type M-x compile RET again.
Add to the default command a "bootstrap" target and press RET.
(you might like to save the *compilation* buffer from the compilation step) Hours later you could again type M-x compile RET, but change the default command to "sudo make install" RET ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny..."
                                – Isaac Asimov