Open existing instance of app from Emacs lisp?

From: David Wolff
Subject: Open existing instance of app from Emacs lisp?
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 00:29:51 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

I used "w32-shell-execute" to open apps, documents, and folders in a
very nice little menu, eg:

     (w32-shell-execute "open" "C:/WINDOWS/System32/calc.exe")

Then I discovered that, for applications, this always opens a new
instance instead of switching to an existing copy.  Just what I need, 14
copies of Calculator running.  :-)

So okay, I can use w32-window-exists-p to see if the app is already
running.  Now is there a way to activate the app from lisp?

Thanks --

David

(Remove "xx" to reply.)