Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 14:34:11 +0000

Hi, Xah!

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 07:34:14AM -0700, Xah wrote:
> Tim X wrote:
> «In general, HTML in mail messages is a bad thing.»

Agree, in general.

> HTML in email is a very good thing.

Disagree, in general.

[ .... ]

> Emacs's rmail, should adopt the ability to send HTML mail. It is my
> guess, that it will adopt it eventually. The question is just how many
> more years later?

Xah, it will happen when you implement it.  Nobody else seems to care
enough about it to do the work.  The "it" that you want to adopt HTML
mail are fairly busy stressed out developers, who're never going to find
the time to implement something as peripheral as this.

So please, implement it.  Lots of people, those 80 - 90% who really love
HTML email, will thank you for it.

Any help you need, you'll get it on this newsgroup/mailing list.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).