Re: GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2008-08-06 on LENNART

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2008-08-06 on LENNART-69DE564 (patched): error "Required feature `diary-loaddefs' was not provided"
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 20:15:50 +0200

Lennart Borgman (gmail) schrieb:
Rainer Stengele wrote:
Lennart,

after deleting the Emacs23 folder I still get

eval-buffer: Required feature `hol-loaddefs' was not provided

This seem to have been related with some issue with loaddefs in the calendar directory. If I do not misremember there where some messages about that on the devel list. I did not read them carefully though.

The hol-loaddefs.el file was missing a (provide ...) statement at the end.

After deleting the *loaddefs.el files and rebuilding Emacs the problem seems to be gone.

Rainer, I have uploaded a new patched version to the same location as before. Can you please try the new version?

(Note: I mentioned the patches before, but it turned out that it has nothing to do with that. Instead it seems to be related to the makefiles for building Emacs. For some reason they did not remake the loaddefs file.)

Hello Lennart!

It works! As far as I tried everything worked!
Thanks a lot, I love the Emacs version you are providing!
Be encouraged to continue the work! Emacs is making windows bearable...

Rainer