Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus

From: Xah
Subject: Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 22:44:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 10, 10:03 pm, "Charles philip Chan" <cpc...@sympatico.ca>
wrote:
> Xah <xah...@gmail.com> writes:
> > So, i was reading about it in Wikipedia. Although i don't have a TV,
> > and haven't had since 2000, but i still enjoyed the festive spirits
> > anyhow. After all, i'm Chinese by blood. So, in my wandering, i ran
> > into this welcome song on youtube:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HEndNYVhZo
>
> What is your point? Your email is in plain text and I can click on the
> link just fine- it is not exactly rocket science to implement parsing of
> URL's to workable links in an Email program (a lot of programs does
> that, including Gnus). Images can be included inline if you want. Also
> mail markups such as *this*, **this** and _this_ have been around since
> the Usenet days and displayed appropriately by a number of mailers. Like
> others have said, most html messages that I have seen either contains
> useless information, or are plain spam and can introduce a host of
> security problems in some mailers.

Dear fool,

I have it in html actually. See

http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/sanga_pemci/Beijing_welcomes_you.html

There you will see, links, tables, coloring of background, use of
different sized fonts, embedded youtube video. Impossible with plain
text.

          *          *          *

Btw, that chick who i thought was Eurasian, is actually Chinese.

in this vid

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLTy2kpxOjM

she's at 1:51 . Her name is 韦唯 (Wei Wei). See

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/韦唯
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wei_Wei_(singer)

Now, the new question of interest to me is, at 2:42 of the above
youtube link, there's a lady who sings in some kinda high-pitched
voice. I gather it's a special Chinese technique of singing. Is there
a name to this technique? (e.g. the term “soprano” isn't specific
enough. I was thinking it's some Shanghai singing technique... e.g. 周璇
(Zhou Xuan) in “花样的年华” (Age of Blossom)
(see http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/sanga_pemci/hua3yang4nian2hua2.html
)
)

Btw, i spend hours researching this music video. There are about some
100 stars in it. Most of them are actually Asian super stars.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/