emacs-w3m and \240 characters

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: emacs-w3m and \240 characters
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 02:56:24 +0300

Hi all,

I installed emacs-w3m earlier today, but it seems to have some display
issues with my language/terminal.

My terminal is configured to display iso-8859-7 text, and I've even
tried firing up Emacs with a UTF-8 locale/environment but I see
characters like \240 in several pages, i.e.:

http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/emacs-w3m-240.png

This is AFAICT, an   character that is not displayed as a space.

Any ideas how I can remap/redisplay this as a plain ASCII space?