Using a newline character in the newstring in M-x replace-regexp

From: Corey Foote
Subject: Using a newline character in the newstring in M-x replace-regexp
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:31:03 -0400

Hi,

I've got one more quick question for you guys. The string I'd like to use as the newstring in M-x replace-regexp contains a few newline characters. Normally, I insert newlines by typing C-q C-j, but this doesn't work when calling this function. How do you specify a newline character when making a call to M-x replace-regexp?

Thanks!

Got Game? Win Prizes in the Windows Live Hotmail Mobile Summer Games Trivia Contest Find out how.