Re: Getting the TAB key for filename completion

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: Getting the TAB key for filename completion
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 07:33:01 +0200

Davin Pearson wrote:
2008/8/20 Nikolaj Schumacher <me@nschum.de>:
And redefining it works for me.  Are you sure `keyboard-quit' is the
command you mean?

Evaluate the following code:

(global-set-key "\C-q" 'keyboard-quit)

Then do a C-x C-e on the following form:

(while t)

You will see that the only way to break out of the infinite loop is to
press C-g.  Note that C-q doesn't work in spite of the above binding
of C-q.  I assume that the reason C-q doesn't work is because of a
design oversight of the creators of Emacs.

(set-input-mode x y z ?\C-q)

-ap