Start the emacs-server once...

From: Alex Bennee
Subject: Start the emacs-server once...
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:55:00 +0100

Hi,

I want to set-up emacs to start the server once per X sessions (and I
guess once per screen session once I get multi-tty working). However
there doesn't seem to be way to check in emacs if the server is
currently running.

So far the best I can come up with is having my start-up emacs with the
args:

emacs --eval (defvar this-is-the-master t)

And appropriate hackery in the .emacs. Is there a nicer way to deal with
this?

--
Alex Bennee, Software Engineer
Civilization, as we know it, will end sometime this evening. See SYSNOTE