Re: what is the important uses of emacs lisp?

From: Michael Ekstrand
Subject: Re: what is the important uses of emacs lisp?
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:14:27 -0500

First, please put your question in the body of the message.  It makes
reading and replying easier.

Now, to attempt to answer your question: everything.  Emacs Lisp is used
for extending, customizing, and implementing Emacs.  Most of Emacs
itself is written in Emacs Lisp.  Emacs users use Emacs Lisp to
customize their Emacs (setting variables and writing functions in their
.emacs file, typically) and add new features to it.  Software developers
use Emacs Lisp to write new packages adding additional features and
capabilities to Emacs.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
Confused by the strange files?  I cryptographically sign my messages.