Re: "push" creating circular objects

From: John Paul Wallington
Subject: Re: "push" creating circular objects
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:14:42 +0100

Charles Sebold <csebold@gmail.com> writes:

> In the scratch buffer, it works.  In my program, it creates a circular
> list, represented as (#1="ul" #1#) as I edebug this.

Hey Charlie, it's great to see you posting on the Emacs newsgroups!

I'm not certain what's going on.  Are you sure that representation means
circular structure?  Or is it merely labelling the object "ul" for
future reference then referring to it?  (See (elisp)Circular Objects.)

Also, how about consing up the strings with (string ?u ?l) or somesuch
to avoid 'em being treated as the same?