Re: saving buffers options

From: Rupert Swarbrick
Subject: Re: saving buffers options
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 18:09:33 +0100

"Rustom Mody" <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> Some buffers can be closed without any questions but for some --
> typically file buffers -- if a changed buffer is (tried to be) closed,
> a question is asked: Do you want save this...??
>
> I want to get this question for python-mode, shell-mode etc. Is there
> some option for this?
>
> Thanks.

Looking at C-h f kill-buffer, I see that kill-buffer-query-functions is
called on kill, but my emacs only has

  (gnuserv-kill-buffer-query-function)

in there, so it can't be that which checks whether you want to save
dirty files...

However, I just hacked this up:

which seems to work here. Clearly you'll want to edit
savable-shell-modes and possibly change more than that... But there's a
quick start I think.

Rupert