Re: Selecting diferent init file from command switch

From: Bernardo Bacic
Subject: Re: Selecting diferent init file from command switch
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:36:27 +1000

looking at "emacs --help" output, i'd say "emacs -Q --load <some_dot_emacs>" should work

it was a dark and stormy night when TheLonelyStar said,
Hello,

I use emacs:
a) As an IDE
b) As an simple Editor for my configs

For the IDE I am loading a lot of stuff like cedet and ecb.
For the simple Editor, I do not/need that.

So I created 2 different init files: .emacs-ide, .emacs-editor!

But I do I tell emacs, that it should not loa ~/.emacs but i.E.
~/.emacs-ide???

Thanks!
Nathan