EmacsW32: Repeated ureleased WIN key as META modifier

From: Sergei
Subject: EmacsW32: Repeated ureleased WIN key as META modifier
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 05:02:58 -0700 (PDT)

Some time ago I've upgraded EmacsW32 to
GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (patched).

One new problem concerns using the WIN key as the META key.
It works for the first chord; but if I try a second M-chord without
releasing the WIN key in between, the META is ignored.

E.g. the first M-v works as expected (it does scroll-down); but if I
retype v without releasing WIN, I get a v inserted at the point.

There was no such a problem with an earlier version (nor with the
default ALT modifier).

I have added thi to my default.el file:

(setq w32-alt-is-meta nil               ; Alt be diffrent from Meta
;      w32-pass-alt-to-system nil       ; do not pass ...
      w32-pass-lwindow-to-system nil    ; do not pass ...
      w32-lwindow-modifier 'meta        ; lwindow acts as Meta
      w32-apps-modifier nil)            ; can now bind [apps]

--
Sergio