Re: html-mode unavailable (again)

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: html-mode unavailable (again)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:14:18 +0200

Michal Blazejczyk wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I posted this message some time ago, and received no replies.
> Maybe this time I'll have more luck  :-)
>
> I'm having a strange problem with my Emacs (version 21, on Ubuntu 7.10).
> My Emacs didn't come with html-mode.
>
> How do I get it?  I mean, a version that will be best suited for
> my version of Emacs?

Maybe you did not get any replies because your Emacs is quite old now. I
myself have never actively used Emacs 21.

Have you tried looking on Emacs wiki:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/HtmlMode

Unfortunately the content of Emacs wiki is not very specific about
different versions of Emacs, but at least that may be a starting point.

However if you can upgrade your Emacs that would be the best thing.
Emacs 22.3 is currently in pretest (bug fix release) and Emacs 23 will
hopefully soon be released.