Re: CUA mode, turn off Shift+Curvor Move to Select

From: Xah
Subject: Re: CUA mode, turn off Shift+Curvor Move to Select
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:34:59 -0700 (PDT)

2008-08-30

Thanks Lennart.

Now I'm trying to make the following keybindings:

(add-hook 'cua-mode-hook
 (lambda ()
 (define-key cua-global-keymap (kbd "M-C") 'scroll-down)
 (define-key cua-global-keymap (kbd "M-T") 'scroll-up)
 )
) ; Dvorak keyboard

So that, M-C will run scroll-down, instead of cua-scroll-down.
However, it doesn't work.

Apparently, the cua-mode uses some mechanism that simply alias scroll-
down to cua-scroll-down.

in cua-base.el, there's this line:

  ;; scrolling
  (define-key cua-global-keymap [remap scroll-up]       'cua-scroll-up)
  (define-key cua-global-keymap [remap scroll-down]     'cua-scroll-down)

What's the remap in the vector there?

How to do what i want?

Thanks

  Xah