Re: emacs as a service

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: emacs as a service
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 14:00:59 -0400

Rustom Mody wrote:
Ken Goldman said:

I can answer this piece: (global-set-key "\C-x\C-c"
'delete-frame)

Have you tried this with a single existing frame? Does not allow it
for me...

That's a feature.  :-)

When I run emacs as a server, I often start many frames as I double click various files. At times, I want to clean up by deleting these frames. But I don't want to delete the very last frame (would that kill the server?).

The use model for emacs as a server is that you start it once at log in and let it run forever.