Re: comment with triple braces ;;}}} ;;{{{ section ...

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: comment with triple braces ;;}}} ;;{{{ section ...
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:28:58 +0000

Hi, Xah!

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 01:47:12AM -0700, Xah wrote:
> i have a elisp package such that the commends has triple braces to
> mark sections, like this:

> ;;}}}
> ;;{{{ Recording

> ;;}}}
> ;;{{{ Internal functions returning statistics

> Is this used by some outline mode or something?

It is surely used for something.  Or was.  Or was intended to be.

One possibility, probably wrong, is that they are an autoload token.
(The standard one is ";;;### autoload").  See if there's a local
variables section at the end of the file(s).  If so, is there a
declaration for `generate-autoload-cookie'?

> I'm maitaining the mode and have the urge to remove these braces.

Check the repository to see if these comments were added for a
particular reason.  That's if you have access to the repository.  But
you've probably tried this already.

Best of luck!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).