Re: anti-aliased fonts

From: Evans Winner
Subject: Re: anti-aliased fonts
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:56:32 -0600

Ian Eure <ian@digg.com> writes:

    I don't use Linux anymore, but I'd expect that recent
    Emacs packages support AA fine.

Just out of curiosity... what do you use?

In any case, I have been compiling Emacs from CVS on various
flavors of GNU/Linux for at least a couple of years now.  On
a very few occasions I have had a problem, but in every case
I just don't do `make install' and wait a few days and the
problem gets fixed.  By and large it does work with no
problems.  I don't know how easy it is to compile Emacs on
MS Windows, but Lennart Borgman's EmacsW32 package is
pre-compiled and is a version 23 compile.

I have had problems attempting to compile on GNU/Hurd (the
one and only reason I am not using Hurd right now: no Emacs
= I don't use it) and some BSD variants, though I haven't
tried that hard on BSD.