Re: using diary and appts

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: using diary and appts
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 09:47:04 +0200

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 17:54:57 +0530 "Rustom Mody" <rustompmody@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I setup diary and have appointments activated I get a beep and a window
> popping up at me some 10-12 minutes before the set time.  Thats fine and what
> I want.
>
> After that it keeps prodding me. I want it only once!
> I guess I can use m-x appt-delete but I am surprised that there is not a
> single key available in the window that pops up which does that.

If you set appt-message-warning-time and appt-display-interval to the
same value, you get one warning before the appointment and one at the
time of the appointment.  Perhaps if you make appt-display-interval
larger than appt-message-warning-time you'll just get warned before the
appointment, but I haven't tried that.

Steve Berman