problem with time-stamps on GNU/Linux and Windows

From: Seweryn Kokot
Subject: problem with time-stamps on GNU/Linux and Windows
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:02:37 +0200

Hello,

Could you explain to me why I get slightly different time-stamps under
Windows and Linux?

This is what I get in Linux

2008-08-19 wto 07:26

and under Windows I get

2008-08-05 Wt 11:44

Namely the problem is with %a - abbreviated day of week.

Here are the settings under Linux:

(locale-info 'codeset): "ISO-8859-2"
locale-coding-system: iso-latin-2

and under Windows I have

locale-coding-system: iso-latin-2
system-time-locale: iso-latin-2
system-message-locale: iso-latin-2
(locale-info 'codeset): "cp1250"

Under Linux iso-latin-2 is set by default and on Windows I have to put
the following in .emacs file

(setq locale-coding-system 'iso-latin-2)
(setq system-message-locale 'iso-latin-2)
(setq system-time-locale 'iso-latin-2)

otherwise these values are cp1250, nil and nil

I'm wondering why setting on windows (setq locale-coding-system 'iso-latin-2)
has
no impact on (locale-info 'codeset) which still gives "cp1250"?

Any idea what should I do to get the same results on both operating systems?

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Seweryn