Mouse press events (on mode line, etc) when programming a new major mode

From: joao
Subject: Mouse press events (on mode line, etc) when programming a new major mode
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:27:16 +0200

Hi all,

I am programming a new major mode, and I'm having trouble redefining some of
the usual mouse actions :

- when I split the windows side-by-side, and my window is on the left, I can
  no longer drag the vertical separator between windows, to change window size

- when I split the windows above and below, and my window is above, I can no
  longer drag the mode line to change window size

I created a keymap with make-sparse-keymap, and I've added a few commands. I
can catch a mouse click inside my window, but how do I handle the above cases
?

Thanks,
Joao

--