Re: defining default face

From: Allan Gottlieb
Subject: Re: defining default face
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 16:42:04 -0400

At Mon, 08 Sep 2008 21:03:18 +0200 Joost Diepenmaat <joost@zeekat.nl> wrote:

> FWIW, I found that my CVS builds (23.0.60) I need to switch on XFT
> explicitly or else it won't use anti-aliasing for the ttf fonts.
>
>>From my .Xresources:
>
> Emacs*font: Inconsolata-13
> Emacs.FontBackend: xft

Very interesting.  I don't seem to have to.  The fonts look
anti-aliased to me (xmag shows some "grey" pixels).

I then added the fontbackend and ran xrdb.  xmag shows no change

I use gentoo and have the xft use flag set, which brings in quite a
bit and presumably turns on XFT.

Another possibility is that I use bitstream vera fonts not
Inconsolata.

allan