emacs 23 input method changes

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: emacs 23 input method changes
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:13:22 -0400

I just upgraded my ubuntu system to Hardy Heron, which has emacs 23 as
the default emacs, instead of emacs 22.

I had been using the TeX input method for occasional non-ascii
characters, such as é or ü.

This no longer works for me, because the default seems to be that
after you've typed a backslash, it goes on reading several characters,
and I always end up with something in Chinese or Japanese when I've
tried to type an é.

I don't read, and certainly don't type, Chinese.  How do I tell the
TeX input method:

    To stop accepting input when the character I want appears in the
    mini-buffer?

or:

    That in general I'm going to be using two-character sequences for
    Latin alphabets, and not typing Chinese?

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Strong hope is a much greater stimulant of life than any realized joy
could be.

Nietzsche