Re: emacs 23 input method changes

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: emacs 23 input method changes
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 07:19:45 -0400

    Laura> I type C-\ and then \'e and I get é- in the minibuffer.  If I type
    Laura> anything else, I get some oriental character.  For instance, \'ent
    Laura> gives .$(Qr@.(B (which is a very pretty oriental character in the
    Laura> emacs23 buffer, but not when I cut and paste it to here in emacs22.

    James> I used to see that bug quite a bit some time back.  I thought that
it had
    James> been squashed.  And, indeed, it currently works for me.

    James> Do you see the bug if you start emacs with -Q?

No.

    James> I don't remember with any certainty, but there might have been some
    James> setting I used to use with 22 which 23 didn't need and which caused
    James> that bug.

It looks like it's some of that UTF-8 stuff I quoted in my previous mail.
It was necessary to get UTF-8 encoding in 22, but isn't in 23.  (At
least if you have your LOCALE and such set the way I do.)

I'll see if I have to put any of it back, and report, but it looks
from a quick test like things are fine if I take it all out.

Thanks,

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.  Vergil

This will make a good story to tell the grandchildren, if we live that
long.  Conrad Translation.