Re: Anyone use scim-bridge.el with Chinese?

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: Re: Anyone use scim-bridge.el with Chinese?
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:18:07 +0800

>>>>> "irieshinsuke" == irieshinsuke  <irieshinsuke@gmail.com> writes:
Hi, Irie!

I have install scim-bridge.

And I have write ~/.Xdefaults (I think this file have same effect as
~/.Xresources) with:

   Emacs*useXIM: false

Then xrdb ~/.Xdefaults

And I configure scim-bridge with:

(require 'scim-bridge)
(require 'scim-bridge-ja)
(scim-define-common-key ?\C-\  nil)
(scim-define-common-key ?\C-/ nil)
(setq scim-adjust-window-x-position 'gnome)
(scim-mode t)

And everything looks okay.

But when I use functions `scim-anthy-reconvert-region' and
`scim-transfer-romaji-into-preedit', it's can't work.

`scim-anthy-reconvert-region' will get message:

"SCIM: <S-henkan> is undefined"

`scim-transfer-romaji-into-preedit' will get message:

"SCIM: <zenkaku-hankaku> is undefined"

I think the setup of variables `scim-anthy-reconversion-event' and
`scim-toggle-input-method-event' is wrong.

So, make scim-bridge works with Chinese just setup
`scim-anthy-reconversion-event' and
`scim-toggle-input-method-event' with right value or other thing?

Have a file likes `scim-bridge-zh.el' ?

Regards.

Andy.

    irieshinsuke> Hi,
    irieshinsuke> Sorry, I have not written the documents other than Japanese
yet.

    irieshinsuke> Did any error messages come out?

    irieshinsuke> I guess that you don't use scim-bridge, which was originally
developed
    irieshinsuke> in order to solve the C++ ABI problems.
    irieshinsuke> scim-bridge.el communicates with SCIM through the scim-bridge
agent
    irieshinsuke> using UNIX domain socket, therefore it can not work without
the agent.
    irieshinsuke> Is scim-bridge installed?

    irieshinsuke> Or, you might don't inhibit XIM from taking over the key
events.
    irieshinsuke> To do this, for example, add a line into ~/.Xresources file:

    irieshinsuke> Emacs*useXIM: false

    irieshinsuke> And execute the command in a terminal:

    irieshinsuke> xrdb ~/.Xresources

    irieshinsuke> or restart X server.

    irieshinsuke> Please report again if it doesn't work well.

    irieshinsuke> S. Irie