Re: anti-aliased fonts

From: Joost Diepenmaat
Subject: Re: anti-aliased fonts
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 00:30:47 +0200

dkcombs@panix.com (David Combs) writes:

> In article <87zlmptvry.fsf@lion.rapttech.com.au>,
> Tim X  <timx@nospam.dev.null> wrote:

>>What you are after has been introduced only in the CVS branch of
>>emacs. I run the CVS version daily and its very stable most of the
>>time. The emacs-snapshot is a recent snapshot of the CVS head and works
>>well. None of the stable e.g. released versions of emacs prior to the 23
>>CVS branch have anti-aliased font support.
>
> Please, where do you get this thing?

assuming you've got cvs installed, this is how I build mine on linux:

$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/emacs co emacs
$ cd emacs
$ make clean
$ ./configure --with-xpm --with-tiff --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg \
  --with-x-toolkit=gtk && make bootstrap && make -j 4

XFT (anti-aliased fonts) and unicode support is enabled by default. If
all that succeeds, test emacs with:

$ ./src/emacs

if that works: install

$ sudo install

you now have a new emacs in /usr/local/bin/emacs