Start-Up Loading of Speedbar

From: J. D. Leach
Subject: Start-Up Loading of Speedbar
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:44:41 -0400

Try to be easy with me folks, I'm VERY new to Emacs. What I would like
to do is be able to have the Speedbar load and display when I start
Emacs, instead of having to select it from the drop-down menu after
Emacs loads.

I have been very successful in finding answers to nearly all of my
questions regarding the use, and configuration, of Emacs and it's
associated programs by browsing the various sources of
documentation. I have progressed to the point that I've even correctly
set-up Gnus to read my news (that is how I am sending this
missive). Unfortunately, this particular config. has got me flummoxed.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, and thank you in
advance.

P.S.: Great program! The power of Emacs is truly astounding. Many cudos
to those who have worked to create such an application. I wish I had
learned how to use it years ago.

J.D.