debug-init

From: Sam Albers
Subject: debug-init
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:49:56 -0700

Hello All,

I have recently installed Emacs and LaTex in Ubuntu 8.04 using these directions:

Everything seemed to work well but when I opened up emacs I received the following error message:

An error has occured while loading 'home/sam/.emacs':

File Error: "Cannot open load file", "usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/preview-latex/preview-latex.el"

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate the cause of the error in your initialization file and remove it. Start emacs with the '--debug-init' option to view a complete error backtrace

I am not quite sure what is going on here. Could anyone point me in the right direction or even show me how to "Start emacs with the '--debug-init' option"?

Thanks in advance.

Sam