Re: Reversing lines chunks at a time

From: Xah
Subject: Re: Reversing lines chunks at a time
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:18:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 17, 11:58 am, Rupert Swarbrick <rswarbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > harven suggested a solution that uses syntax table.
>
> > i'd just write a simple elisp that process the current line or region.
> > This is such as good exercise if you haven't tried elisp for text
> > processing yet.
>
> > The functions listed in this page is probably all you need:
> >http://xahlee.org/emacs/elisp_common_functions.html
>
> Thank you, Xah.
>
> It's always nice to be both patronised and given no help.

You mentioned whether there's already some way to do it, and asked
wheter you should just write elisp.

I'm answering to the effect that there's no existing command to do
what u want, and suggest that writing your own elisp command is
probably best solution, and gave you tips from my website tutorial on
how this could be done.

> I actually
> already have some experience writing elisp, but a "simple elisp" (do you
> actually mean a new implementation of the language?!) isn't what I was
> after. Indeed I wanted something a lot more like what rgb
> suggested.

> This wasn't "simple".

what u want can be written in 30 minutes for me. I'm sure most emacs
developers can write it in 10 min.

> Happy trolling,

yeah, sure thing.

  Xah