Re: M-x term in char mode issue

From: Xah
Subject: Re: M-x term in char mode issue
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:12:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 16, 2:13 pm, "Francis Moreau" <francis.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm still struggling with the term mode.
>
> According to info on term mode, In char mode, each character
> is sent directly to the inferior subshell, except for the Term escape
> character, normally `C-c'.
>
> However if I type "C-xC-e" in char mode, emacs runs the command
> eval-last-sexp. Could anybody tell me why ?
>
> In line mode, doing in my .emacs:
>
> (defun my-term-mode-hook ()
>   (define-key term-mode-map "\C-x\C-e" nil))
> (add-hook 'term-mode-hook 'my-term-mode-hook)
>
> "C-xC-e" still runs eval-last-sexp.

not sure why are u defininig a hook within a hook. I note that your
hook my-term-mode-hook is a function, while emacs hook is just a var.
I suppose it should work but does normal hooking work?

personally if i need to ssh etc, i use a real term emulator app such
as Apple's “Terminal” app. Emulating a terminal inside emacs gets
complicated to use because all the normal keybindings gets remapped,
at which point you lose much advantages of operating inside emacs...
of course you might have reasons or preferences ...

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/