Re: Anyone use scim-bridge.el with Chinese?

From: S. Irie
Subject: Re: Anyone use scim-bridge.el with Chinese?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:20:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hmm ... It is strange that you cannot input anything in Chinese. When
I tested scim-mode on Linux distributions (Ubuntu 8.04 and Fedora 9,
etc.), it worked without trouble by using SCIM-pinyin in any case.
This problem might not depend which language you use.

Sorry, I cannot find the cause of the problem, with only the
information which was shown up to now. I would like to know the more
detailed situation.

Here are some questions I would like you to answer:

* Did you set the keybinding for `Trigger' in the `Frontend' section
of `SCIM Input Method Setup' tool to any key event other than Control
+space? Otherwise, you must remove `(scim-define-common-key ?\C-\
nil)' from .emacs file in order to be able to start SCIM.

* Do any error messages come out by loading/using `scim-bridge.el'? If
so, what kind of errors are they?

* What value is bound to the variable `scim-imcontext-id'? If the
IMContext is registered successfully, its ID number is set to this
variable as a string. (ex. "5", "12", etc.) Otherwise, the value keeps
nil and any key events are not sent to SCIM.

* Did you test .emacs file which contains only scim-mode settings in
order to examine whether there is elisp conflicting with scim-mode?

* Which version of Emacs, which operating system, and which desktop
environment have you used?

I will add the template file for `scim-bridge-??.el' to the next
release of `scim-bridge.el'. In the current version, the functions
used for localization is included in not `scim-bridge.el' but `scim-
bridge-ja.el', even though some of these functions which can be
commonly used for all languages should be included in `scim-
bridge.el'. Thank you very much for your proposal!

Anyway, it is necessary for the program to work correctly first of
all.

S. Irie