Re: An elisp question

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: An elisp question
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:13:40 +0200

Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenkoa@gmail.com> wrote:

> In elisp intro (Created on March, 10  2004 by texi2html 1.64)
> I not find match of "yes-or-no-p" func and so special example for you say.
>
> In elisp.html (edition 2.8) on "20.6 Yes-or-No Queries" also there no special
> warning about use of "Yes-or-No".

I think this is a misunderstanding.  Drew meant the answer on "how to
call a function" was to be found in the elisp intro.  The yes-or-no-p
thing was just an additional note.

Incidentally, if anything, testing for t is more correct.  :) The doc for
`y-or-n-p' clearly states, it will return t for "yes".  It could be
extended to return 'cancel without changing the interface.  Using any
non-nil value as "yes" is indeed an assumption.  (Not that it's likely
to break, or that I haven't made that assumption myself...)

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher