Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:32:39 +0100

On 2008-09-19, Xah Lee <xah@xahlee.org> wrote:
> A: This attitude has plagued unix and computer geekers for decades. In
> the early 1990s (DOS and unix), tech geekers would sneer at graphical
> menus and mouse, with hordes of reasons how pure text interface, the
> command line, and or keyboard operations are sufficient and superior
> than graphical user interface or using a mouse. This seems ridiculous
> today, but such voices are commonly seen all over newsgroups. (Since

the reasons still stand and they are not ridiculous.
give me (screen|ratpoison)+emacs and I have the perfect working environment.
and often the underlying OS doesn't even matter.
'nuff said.

^xb gives what you wanted in any case.

--
NL Professor Eric S Fraga, Chemical Engineering, University College London