Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:25:58 +0100

On 2008-09-22, Xah Lee <xah@xahlee.org> wrote:
> Hi Erik Fragga,
>
> On the subject of RSI, perhaps you should use Dvorak, and you'd be
> interested in my article here:

I don't have any RSI problems due to my use of a keyboard.  If you
read my post, I said clearly that mouse usage is what causes me pain.
We are talking (I thought) about text interfaces versus GUIs.

I will add that your proposed key bindings for Emacs, however, would
indeed cause me problems.  Hitting the ALT key requires contortions
not required when using the CTRL key (which I've remapped to be on the
home row of a standard qwerty keyboard).  For that matter, I prefer
"ESC key" to "ALT+key".  I also prefer C-n and C-p to arrows as I
don't have to move my hands from the home row (I use several different
keyboards daily and the arrow keys differ in placement from keyboard
to keyboard, annoyingly).

And I am impressed at how my name changed...

--
Eric S Fraga, UCL
GP Key: FFFCF67D F'prnt: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D