Re: buffer-offer-save variable bug?

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: buffer-offer-save variable bug?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:37:29 +0200

Cor Gest <cor@clsnet.nl> wrote:

> That is the corect behaviour of buffers.
>
> Close means merely 'close'.
>  AKA get this buffer-namespace outta-my-face;
>  =OR=
>  Icanhaz some fun answering basic questions in the article-buffer
>  called 'gnu.emacs.help'.
>
> list-all-buffers wil show you that "untiteled" still exists
> in the namespace 'buffers' where all buffer-names exist.

Sorry if this is "basic" to you, but I didn't get a lot of what you're saying.

First of all, there is no `list-all-buffers', do you mean `list-buffers'?
And are you saying that after "closing" a buffer, it will still be there?

> If you do a 'kill-current-buffer' (C-x k) it will politely inform you with :
> "buffer has changed , kill it anyway ?   yes or no ?"

I think Xah's point was that it didn't, which I can confirm.  Is
something missing in the example?

> and it will ask for a name when a file allready exists with that
> buffer-name called 'untitled'

This sentence I really cannot parse...

> In short, 'Close' is a non-destructive call in the buffer realm.

Huh?  File->Close is an alias for kill-this-buffer.  If that isn't meant
to be destructive, I don't know what is...

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher