Re: YAsnippet Emacs-Lisp Templates

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: Re: YAsnippet Emacs-Lisp Templates
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:53:42 +0800

Nordlöw <per.nordlow@gmail.com> writes:

> Great!
>
> Is it possible to change the way these are are triggered (the keys I
> believe YAsnippet calls them)?
>
> I would like yasnippet to trigger on the real uses of them. For
> example
>
> "(defmacro " + TAB
> expands defmacro-statement.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Nordlöw

Hi, Nordlöw.

I think YAsnippet's mode is like this.

KEYWORD + TAB             ==> Template completion

And I think YAsnippet can't understand below mode:

KEYWORD + SPACE + TAB

Because YAsnippet completion template just when cursor behind KEYWORD.
If you make cursor and KEYWORD have a SPACE, YAsnippet can't completion
template.

I have read your another post about YAsnippet with hippie-expand.

I recommend you split the key binding of those two command.

I binding TAB yas/expand, and binding M-/ hippie-expand.

So yas/expand don't conflict with hippie/expand.

BTW, hippie/expand is powerful, but not intuitionistic.

I use Company-mode to completion. It's a interactive completion style.

You can find it at:
http://nschum.de/src/emacs/company-mode/

Regards.

Andy.