language (was: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?)

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: language (was: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:34:08 -0500

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 04:00:56 -0700 (PDT) Xah <xahlee@gmail.com> wrote:

X> rude and intimadating? Do you mean he started it?

X> So, if someone rapes your wife and daughter, but he didn't swear, and
X> you swore, you are the scumbag then?

Do you really have to resort to swearing (in other posts) and allusions
to rape to make your point?  Repeatedly you've used words and tone
inappropriate for a technical discussion, not just in this thread,
insulting people personally and stereotyping them.

People of all ages and backgrounds read this; you are simply
broadcasting your inability to express yourself in a civilized way to
tens of thousands of readers every time you resort to base language and
topics.  I expect this from children who are only too happy to use
"dirty" words to get attention, but among adults... it's not welcome.

I am not interested in arguing about who started what, my issue is with
you specifically.  Please control your language.

Ted