Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:39:53 +0200

Xah wrote:
> On Sep 25, 6:48 am, "Lennart Borgman" <lennart.borg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On 9/25/08, Xah <xah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sep 25, 5:53 am, "Lennart Borgman" <lennart.borg...@gmail.com>
>>> In some theoretical sense, sure, you don't have the "right" to return
>>> insults, and you can be some saint. In real world, it doesn't work
>>> like that.
>> It is perfectly possible to fight without insulting other people. In
>> fact that is what many great personalities have done.
>
> Lennart, are you trying to accuse me for something?

I know you know I am saying that you do (in a way) insult people. And
that I find this unnecessary.

It is my impression that you feel you (somehow) have the right to insult
when you feel insulted. I can't and I don't want to deny you that
feeling. I think most of us get that feeling.

However that feeling is no real reason to insult anyone. In my opinion
it is rather a reason to think about what is important in your
(everyones) life.

In that way the feeling can help build cooperation (instead of
destroying it).

But all this in a way depends on what audience you have. In a fascist
(or narcissistic) environment you may gain many points by insulting. I
hope that is not the case here.