Re: Emacs TTS

From: Robert D. Crawford
Subject: Re: Emacs TTS
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 16:07:36 -0500

"Veli-Pekka Tätilä" <vtatila@gmailRemoveToReply.com> writes:

> BTW: The Emacspeak instructions are badly out of date.

Are you talking about the installation instructions?

> I haven't heard anyone sucfesfully using the ViaVoice TTS for LInux in
> quite some time:

You should drop by the emacspeak list or check out the archive.  Many on
the list, including myself, have been using the ViaVoice tts for quite a
while now.

> I'm on the Orca and Speechd-el lists as well as
> alt.comp.blind-users. Most tend to use eSpeak or Festival as far as
> the freebies go, and Dectalk or TTSynth, the same engine as in
> ViaVoice and Eloquence, for commercial stuff.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying.  Above you say that you
have not heard of anyone successfully using the ViaVoice synth and here
you say TTSynth is being used.  Are there differences?  I was under the
impression that they are the same thing.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

It'll be just like Beggars' Canyon back home.
                -- Luke Skywalker