Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 13:28:56 -0400

Xah <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:

    ... gab of knowledge ...

Earlier, Andreas pointed out a freudian slip---parapraxes, Freud called
them---but this one takes the cake.

By some poetic maneuver, lacuna is the word that comes to my mind, as
in: gab of lacunae.

    So, what can i do with you or you with me? For sincerity and persuit
    of truth, i am willing to pay $50 to have this argument about
    *scratch* fully resolved. I propose, that each of us put $50 into this
    argument. For nothing else, it is a reasonable proof of sincerity and
    effort to get a real quality argument going. How do we carry it out?
    that's always been problematic... but we can start, by , i send you
    $50 thru paypal, and you send me $50 thru paypal. I trust you, and you
    trust me. Then we start to argue really seriously. If in the end, you
    find that my argument is stronger, you pay me $50 back. Same me to
    you. What do you say?

I say, you can't even be expected or trusted to supply the expert
testimony on UI standards and design you've offered in the past---and
been taken up on!  And I ask, why ... WHY would anyone take you up on
this bet?  I was looking forward to that very testimony ... quotes and
so on.

After you lose the bet you'll say, ``Ah!  Moron!  Had my fingers crossed
behind my back, didn't I?''

Thanks, Xah, I'm going to start studying Elisp again.