Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: tyler
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:20:43 -0300

Allan Gottlieb writes:
 > At Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:42:44 -0300 tyler <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
 >
 > > David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
 > >>
 > >> C-c C-r works in gnus.  Which does not mean that alternative ways are a
 > >> bad idea.
 > >
 > > That combination is not defined for me in gnus, but it did lead me to
 > > discover toggle-rot13-mode, which I *will* now bind to C-c C-r. Thanks!
 >
 > What version of emacs are you using?
 > What happens if you are in a gnus summary buffer and type
 >
 > C-h k C-c C-r

My bad. I tried C-c C-r in the article buffer, not the summary
buffer. It does behave as advertised when invoked from the summary
buffer.

Incidentally, when I first tried to decode the message, I started with
C-h a rot13, which brought up a number of appropriate functions, but
_not_ gnus-summary-caesar-message, which is what C-c C-r is bound to.
Is there a better way to perform a quick search for functions,
something more inclusive than C-h a, but faster than C-h i followed by
browsing to the emacs indices?

Cheers,

Tyler

--
Don't learn the tricks of the trade; learn the trade.