Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: xraysmalevich
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:20:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 30, 9:37 am, nos...@dev.null (Alexey Pustyntsev) wrote:

> Considering the people that use Emacs, I think the defaults should be
> as neutral as possible.

Can you imagine how "fun" Emacs would be if it -- by default --
started out adding wrinkly-lines under all of our mis-spellings, or a
little cartoon Gnu popped-up in the corner saying "It looks like
you're trying to open a new temporary buffer! Would you like to open a
file, instead?"

::shudder::

-the Other michael