insert-file-contents doesn't obey load-path?

From: Martin Magnusson
Subject: insert-file-contents doesn't obey load-path?
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 21:58:42 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to clean up my .emacs setup, with different files for the
settings that are common among the hosts I work on and the settings
local to each machine. But I've run into trouble with dmacro-load and
file paths.

In my local .emacs, I have:

(setq load-path (append (list "~/.common/emacs/") load-path))
(load "~/.common/emacs/.emacs"))

And in .common/emacs/.emacs, I do:

(load "dmacro")
(dmacro-load "c.dm")

But then emacs complains about not being able to find the file c.dm
(which is in .common/emacs/). dmacro-load uses insert-file-contents to
load macro files. Shouldn't that function make use of the load-path?
If not, how can I make it find my dmacro files?